Colorado State Cup will play in March - May 2020. Mark your calendar for the competition dates and provide your availability to referee in GameOfficials.net - PTW Group 1059 Referees submitting availability to referee these competitions must be an experienced (1 - 3 years minimum) as a Grassroots Referee (fka - Grade 8 Referee)
Referees who work the CSA State Cup & President's Cup competitions are encouraged to apply to represent Colorado at Regional events. Working CSA Cup's is a requirement in Colorado for referees who want to travel to Far West Regionals or President's Cup Regionals. Referees should plan to referee the fall & spring competitions in Colorado prior to the year they want to apply for regional events.
Youth Referees - if you are 18 or younger it's not to early to start building your portfolio to apply for 2020 Young Referee of the Year Award. Working State Cup & President's Cup is great for your referee resume!
Rules of Competition
Referees must arrive at check-in on game day 60 minutes prior to kick-off.
Field Locations & Maps
Game Day Information
- Referees MUST Arrive 60 minutes prior to kickoff
- PTW On Site Staff for Game Day
- Playoff Rounds of Competition - Quarter Finals, Semi Finals & Championship games will start with the International Walk Out
- Referee crews will meet each other at the referee HQ tent. Check in teams as a crew and determine jersey color prior to teams beginning warm-up whenever possible. Referee crews will prepare/pre-game & change jerseys at the referee tent and go to the field together as a crew.
- All games must play to full length. Play the entire match, if there is any issue from a touch line, coach, spectator etc. request presence from the referee/CSA staff to assist with any situation. Do not terminate a game. Our job is to get the game completed to full time, we are there for the players and their game!
- Game cards with the approved competition roster will be given to the referee at check in. This is the only valid roster for competition. Team check is is completed with the game card roster & the team player passes. Any question about player eligibility - please contact referee HQ so we can contact competition authorities.
- Game cards must be completed in full and reviewed by the full referee crew before turning in. Verify final score, misconduct, record sit-outs, etc. Final game reports must be entered in GameOfficials.net, After Games, by the center referee as a back up.
- Bring a refillable water bottle, and snack/food that you desire. Do not rely solely on what will be provided by the tournament. Ensure you stay fueled and hydrated to give your best effort.
- If you feel that you have any conflict of interest with a game assignment contact Kim Park/Denise Duran ASAP so assignment can be adjusted as needed.
- "Standby Referee" - Referees are assigned to "standby" during tournaments. Standby referees must check in at the referee HQ tent with the PTW staff at the schedule time. Referees on standby may be asked to fill in as needed, assist with errands between fields (i.e. Game card collection, team check-ins, etc.) as requested by the PTW referee site coordinator. If referees on standby are not present at the referee HQ if needed, or cannot be contacted by PTW staff they will forfeit their standby pay.
TEAM WORK - we are a team. Prepare for your role, prepare to do your job for your crew, prepare to give the teams your best effort. Mentors will be observing and providing feedback to assignors about performances and suggestions for knockout phases of competition.
Field Locations - Stenger Soccer Complex, Long Lake Ranch, Aurora Sports Park
- Play-in Matches | 3/8 & 3/15
- Pool Play Competition | 3/22, 3/29, 4/5
- Playoffs First Round or Finals | 4/19/20
- 1st or 2nd Round of Playoffs or Finals | 4/26/20
- Finals | 5/3/20
- 5/10/20 - Make-Up Date if Needed
13U-19U Far West Regionals | Boise, Idaho| June 2020
Referees can provide availability for competition dates now in GameOfficials.net
PTW Group 1059
ODP Championships - January 2020
USYS National's - July 2020
Referees who attend Far West Regionals may be selected to attend National based upon performance.